KASSETT Box with Lid from IKEA
While the world is definitely moving in a digital direction, there are die hard music lovers who are clinging to their compact discs. If you're one of those folks who refuses to part with their discs, now's the time to get them organized. Whether you want them on display of stowed in a box, here are 10 options for storing your tunes.
• Multimedia Library File Cabinet from Plow & Hearth — Available as either a 12- or 24-drawer unit, this cabinet is reminiscent of an old card catalog. The 12-drawer unit holds 228 CDs while the 24-drawer unit holds 456 discs. $229.95 - $299.95
• Apothecary Media Cabinet from The Jungles — Also similar to a card catalog, this unit features 12 drawers and 2 doors, to hold a total of 330 CDs.
• BILLY CD Shelves from IKEA — The narrow shelves of the BILLY CD bookcase are perfectly sized for storing discs. If a big bookcase is a little too overwhelming, try the BESTÅ BURS. $199.95
• 8 Tier Media Rack from HT Market — The adjustable shelves on this unit can hold 440 CDs, 228 DVDs and 120 VHS tapes. $89.99
• Multimedia Storage Cabinet from Cymax — This media cabinet, with four adjustable shelves and swing open doors with shelves, can hold up to 529 CDs. $153.96
• One Touch Box from The Container Store — This little box has the capacity for 160 CDs in the drawers that slide open with the push of a button. $39.99
• Auto CD Storage Box from Sharper Image — It'll require removing the discs from their jewel boxes, but this handy little unit can hold up to 120 CDs. $59.99
• Vaultz Snap-N-Store Storage Box from Staples — This box gives you the option of storing CDs in their jewel boxes or without. It holds 60 discs in boxes and 330 discs in folders. $10.99
• Vertical CD Cabinet from Target — This little box would look great with an industrial decor style. Each lockable drawer holds up to 30 CDs in cases or 165 CDs in sleeves. $45.99
• KASSETT Box with Lid from IKEA — While not specifically designed for CDs, these colorful little boxes are perfectly sized for discs. $3.99/2 pack
(Images: As credited above.)