Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- We love how bright the space is. During the day, it is filled with natural sunlight and at night our light fixtures give off a relaxing and romantic glow. The white walls (previously dark grey) are also the perfect background for a refreshing retreat from the outside chaos of NYC life. We can relax with reduced distractions and think openly about new, creative endeavors.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Know where everything you own âlivesâ and have a plan for anything new needed or wanted. For us, this meant starting with a great purge before moving in together. Any piece of furniture, dÃ©cor, or clothing was evaluated for its functionality, necessity, and quality. We sold and donated many items and cautiously bought new things only if they maximized the potential use of the space and streamlined the procedures of daily life. Now it is just a matter of managing the organization and remaining observant to our everyday and seasonal routines, allowing for adjustments as needed.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Rob and I are both designers (Graphic Designer and Architect) and it was important for us to have a workspace for our professional and personal projects. Not only do we have a large desk that accommodates us both when at the computer and drawing, but the entire room has become a background for DIY projects: a Lindsey Adelman chandelier, gold-leaf dipped furniture legs, patinaed dresser knobs, a canvas with hidden folding brackets that doubles as a projector stand, and an evolving photo collage.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat