- What: The Sunset Idea House.
- Where: The Mission District, San Francisco.
- When: Photos taken last month. The House is open again through January 27 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; 9am-4pm).
- Why: When we toured the House, we were most impressed by the tiles found throughout a good mix of styles, colors and textures. The Heath Ceramics tiles shown above were incorporated in the wet bar as well as the patio kitchen, making for a smooth transition between the indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Look!: Scrap Wood Wall
- Blogging the SF Chronicle: Certified Mission District Remodel Goes Green to the Gills
More Heath Ceramics tiles in the garden.
These Pratt & Larson "Polka Dots" tiles are great in a children's bathroom.
Sliced pebble tiles by Artistic Stone Gallery offer an organic yet polished look in a powder room.
An Angela Adams design for Ann Sacks.
A two-color version of the Angela Adams/Ann Sacks tiles shown above.
View these tiles and many more at the Sunset Idea House, which is open every weekend for the rest of the month. More details are available on the Sunset website. (Apologies for my bad photography that doesn't do the tiles justice!)