The colorful floor in Tim Nye's apartment is the work of Jim Lambie. Nye, the owner of Chelsea's Nyehaus gallery shares the top floor of this West Village brownstone with his 10-year old daughter and a pot-bellied pig. As the feature in New York Magazine points out — pigs are color-blind.
Like many of his other installations (see our list below), Jim Lambie's colorfully striped floor is created using vinyl tape.
MORE JIM LAMBIE ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• New York Magazine: Striped Floor
• Stephanie's Jim Lambie-Inspired Kitchen
• Colorful Vinyl Tape Striped Stairs by Jim Lambie
• Jim Lambie's Wall Installation at The Museum of Fine Arts
• Jim Lambie: A Great DIY Flooring Project at MoMA
For more pictures of Nye's colorful home — and Wally the pig! — see New York Magazine | Are Pigs Color-Blind?
Images: Jason Schmidt