We're ending the week with an assortment of just announced, recently released, or soon-to-be-available designs from the realm of tech, including Google's tasty looking Kit Kit powered Nexus 5, P.A.C.O, a unique concrete block gesture controlled wireless speaker, Dyson's latest vacuum designed to tackle both wet and dry surfaces, alongside several other design+tech solutions which stood out from the crowd...
- What's New: this former Kickstarter audio project exceeded their funding goals and is now heading into production and soon onto desks. The stainless steel finish front is matched with precision-machined solid alder, offering a clean aesthetic while producing a full range of sound (the linked video better shows their actual size).
- What's New: Currently just a concept design by French industrial designer, Damien Urvoy, this reinterpretation of the classic Edison bulb lamp beautifully displays the Plumen CFL bulb as a work of art, embellished further by a colored electrical cord which can be wrapped around the base according to length needed.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ordering information
- What's New: Manufactured with concrete and fir wood, the speaker's building block heft was designed to enhance the deep end of music, with the wood top lends itself for warmth in the treble department. Wireless streaming via Bluetooth is accompanied by a no-touch hand gesture controls system, a sharp contrast to the material presence of the speaker itself.
- What's New: designed specifically to clean hard floor rooms like kitchens, hallways, and bathrooms, Dyson merged the utility of their Root Cyclone hand vacuum with a double-edge cleaner head which cleans floors with both suction and a wet wiping feature to remove dust and grime at the same time. Dual suction channels provide suction before and after the wipe, with the option to switch the DC56 into a hand vacuum for smaller dry debris cleanup duty.
- What's New: Inside its soft exterior is some serious multi-device charging via 4 USB power ports, all fed by a hi-capacity integrated lithium polymer 5200mAh battery pack. The whole setup is kept inside a cozy wool and leather wrapped folio with velcro straps to secure all USB cords neatly until needed, which makes charging time almost seem fashionable.
- What's New: Dress your keys in colorful and fashionable ombre with the ease of customizing decals. Designed to accessorize the 13″ and 15″ MacBook, MacBook Pro, Macbook Air and Bluetooth keyboards in the Pantone Color of the Year for 2013, Emerald. Available in a variety of other colors and patterns to appease a range of design preferences.
- What's New: Shipping with Android 4.4 (aka KitKat), the latest unadulterated version of the Android experience is both thinner and lighter than ever before. The 5" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi) is paired with a new optical image stabilization and improved lens on the other side of its minimalist modern case for better photos (hurry up, VSCO Cam for Android!), and like all other Nexus models, ships without any of the software baggage of other Android manufacturers and carriers.
- What's New: With 60% more pixels and more even-pleasing backlighting system, this latest NOOK is designed for reading, and reading alone. The GlowLight can store up to 2,000 books and is ideal for readers who like to take their eBooks inside and outdoors, and don't need any of the extra features of a full-fledged tablet.
- What's New: Tech-toting weekenders with a penchant for carrying an array of devices should give this military-inspired waterproof roll top closure duffel bag a look. A tough Hypalon exterior is contrasted by luxurious details, like the soft woven nylon lined pocket, cool looking black-on-black pixel-camp pattern with welded-waterproof liner, and reinforced bottom straps for skateboard or large items.
- What's New: I'd imagine if Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr. was carrying a digital camera bag today, he'd be toting around this one slung over his shoulder. The leather and waxed canvas combination of the Paratrooper gives this camera bag a classic and masculine finish, while inside the spacious bag can fit one EVIL (electronic viewfinder with interchangeable lens) camera body, two lenses, and additional accessories or a smaller DSLR, one lens, and additional smaller accessories.