Name: Tim Westergard
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Your Home Office Organization or Tech Tip: You do not have to spend a lot of money to get your desired work space, what you need is creativity. Utilize the tools of your workspace to search and find pieces that will compliment your workspace or items that can be altered or fixed up with some good old fashioned elbow grease and a vision.
Being the editor of a music magazine, I have to watch a high volume of video, and listen to even more in audio, in the meantime be in constant communication with others. I have built the ultimate workspace for my needs.
- Laptop with wireless connection to internet, and printer
- Backup external hard drive located under the table top jukebox that has am/fm radio for listening to music or talk radio
- iPod hooked up to drive in movie speakers, for podcasts, music, etc.
- 15" flat screen TV for news and market updates
- desk- 50's style diner, very comfortable, and lots of room for work
- notes are kept on diner menu spinner
- cold drinks located in small retro cooler
- Dvd player, PS2, and surround sound with 15" flat screen remote housed inside full size gas pump.
I did not build this workstation from scratch, nor did I do it all at once. I simply built it piece by piece, and was very thrifty in my search for the right stuff. Garage sales, and numerous internet searches helped me to find these items at bargain prices. My workstation rocks: having the diner style setup, I can easily meet face to face with clients, and have even done interviews and photo shoots with bands.
Do you like Tim's home office? Spread the word about Tim's workspace and also be eligible to win your own Apple iPad by tweeting this entry using the button below. We'll be choosing a random winner from all readers who use Twitter to share their favourite setups from The Perfect Workspace Contest. Or better yet, double your chances and enter your own home office or studio at our contest page.
For information or to enter your home office or studio in Unplggd's 2010 The Perfect Workspace Contest, visit our contest and entry page.