It's a look that can easily turn shoddy, but if done right, tin cans upcycled into vases can add that quirky, special touch to a table setting.
It seems that the older the can, the cooler it looks. Vintage cans with faded labels have a fun retro appeal for modern settings, while salvaged cans full of rust, holes and dents add character to a rustic table.
The best way to upcycle tin cans for a centerpiece is by matching the flowers to the cans (as in the sixth photo, where a monochromatic look is soft and subtle), or by contrasting the flowers against the cans (as in the first photo) to make both elements really pop. You can also utilize your cans by theme; for example, La Morena or El Pato cans to decorate a Mexican fiesta, or tea tins to hold buds for a tea party. And if you don't happen to find a color scheme or design that you like, simply strip off the labels and paint your own!
1. Geneoh Photography via Ruffled
2. Victor C. Sizemore Photography via Style Me Pretty
3. Love Me Do Photography via Ruffled
4. Eat Drink Pretty
5. Heather Saunders Photographer via Style Me Pretty
6. Jerry Yoon Photography via Style Me Pretty
7. Max Wanger via Once Wed
8. Jenny Brandt
9. Caroline Taylor
10. Max Wanger via Style Me Pretty
MORE TIN CAN CENTERPIECES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 10 Ways to Use Tin Cans
• Creative Reuse: Aluminum Can Centerpiece
• Look! More Tin Can Centerpieces
(Images: as linked above)