I recently spent a couple hours on the tiny living inspiration blog Tiny House Swoon. There are small dwellings from all over the world, from treehouses to huts on the beach, but what caught my eye were the ones on wheels and the fun vacation rentals. Who's in for a road trip?
- An all original splitscreen 1967 Volkswagen Westfalia bus.
- 1978 Bluebird bus converted into a tiny home. Photos by Ralph Barrera, for the Austin American-Statesman.
- A rustic, 200 square foot tiny house on wheels from Aaron Maret Design Build Studio.
- 1973 Airstream Sovereign with a modern restoration in Santa Barbara, California. Restored by Hoffman Architecture. Nightly rentals available here.
- A vintage 203 truck converted into a “rolling bed” with a mini fridge and wired for current in Ardèche, France, owned by Les Roulettes Du Travers.
- A small cabin with canvas roof at Dunton Hot Springs in Dolores, Colorado, by Reclaimed Space. You can find rental information here.
- A houseboat in North London from IKEA Family Live.
- Old Caboose converted into a vacation rental in Essex, Montana. You
can find more information here.
- Tiny cabin on wheels in Dolores, Colorado with a gambrel roof design, by Spice Box Homes.
- Tiny camper with roof-mounted row boat from The American Dream Trailer Company.
(Images: as linked, all via Tiny House Swoon)