• Johnson & Johnson Paste Wax in the yellow can. I've had hardwoods for years and my mother before me - this is the best.
• I use a blend of Murphy's and Orange Glow wood cleaner - the Murphy's keeps the orange glow from being too slippery, and the Orange Glow keeps the Murphy's from leaving a dull residue.
• I brew orange pekoe tea (the cheap stuff sold in bulk boxes) and use it on my floors after I have cleaned them, diluted in some warm water and applied via a regular sponge mop. Makes them lustrous (for their age) and the dog scratches are much less noticeable.
• Method OMop smells the best
• Bona Swedish floor system is the finest hardwood cleaner anyone can hope for. Never use water or Murphy's soap.
Bona cleans & restores in 1 easy step. Comes with cleaner, micro pad & mop. And it's green.
• I use 50/50 hot water and vinegar, sometimes I add a few drops of lemon oil for fragrance. The vinegar cuts through the soapy residue left by Murphay's and other cleaners. Cheap, effective and non-toxic.
[image from Atelier de Granges