If you've ever moved in with a significant other or a new roommate then you know both the fun aspects and the possible challenges of combining households: de-cluttering, organizing, integrating styles and, of course, trying to find places for all those duplicate spatulas and pots and pans. Once you've settled on where your new apartment will be located and which space you're moving into, there's still a few things to figure out, right? That's why this list from Apartment Guide is so great! Find out how to combine styles and households as well as how to create an apartment man cave or set up your newlywed digs with these helpful tips from Apartment Guide.
Check out these great tips for Newlyweds & Combining Households from Apartment Guide!
- Moving in with your significant other is a big step, but you can make sure it's a step in the right direction, if you plan ahead. Here are some secrets to successfully sharing an apartment.
- Every guy needs a space for himself, even in an apartment. He needs a place to enjoy the things he loves, whether it's watching football for hours on end, working with tools or showing off his heavy metal record collection. Here are some secrets for creating your very own apartment man cave.
- It seems that everyone is over-scheduled these days, which makes it all the more difficult to create quality time with a significant other, even when the two live together. However, you can coordinate schedules with your romantic partner to stay connected.
- You've tied the knot and now it's time to create the perfect apartment for your wedded bliss. Whether you are settling into the bride or groom's space—or getting an entirely new apartment—here are some things to keep in mind as you set up your newlywed apartment.
- Moving in with a significant other is a big commitment. With this decision, you decide to share space with your partner as well as the many details that constitute a shared life. Talk about the realities of co-habitating before you move in together.
- Living with a significant other can mean a hodge-podge of styles thrown together in one apartment. With a little ingenuity and compromise, you can create a unified look out of several different home decorating styles.
- Combining the stuff, knickknacks and dwellers of two households can be a challenge. Here are some tips for making the combining go as smoothly as possible.
Whether you're living, looking or moving, Apartment Guide will help point you in the right direction. From photos to floor plans and features to tips, we'll help you find the perfect apartment community. Make the most of your home with Apartment Guide.
Find Apartment Guide now!
(Image: Leela Cyd Ross)