...times when we just need to get out and get some space! Also known as - cabin fever. If this happens to you, consider these tips for taking care of handling your small space.
1) Plan a spontaneous party at your home. It may seem that entertaining more people in your not so big space is the last thing you'd want to do if you are feeling constricted in your home but you'd be surprised. Planning pre-party allows you to look around your home, consider your layout and plan a nice comfy evening for you and friends. You'll really enjoy your small space with good friends hanging around.
2) Clean up your place. Take that closet that is a little messy, vacuum, dust and clean the windows. You'll feel like you've picked up some square footage.art gallery on another wall. By spending little to no money and some time, you can recreate the look in your small space and make it feel different.
4) Edit your things. Living in a small space means being thoughtful about the items you have in your home since you don't have much room. Look around and see what you can get rid of. Maybe you don't need that bookshelf since you prefer stacking your books or you've found other clever ways to store your things.
5) The most obvious tip, get out of your home for a while. Get out and enjoy your neighborhood, go on a walk, take some photos, visit a museum, visit friends, just take some time away from your home and when you get back, you'll feel better. Pick up some affordable flowers on your way home and place them in your space. You should feel better after enjoying a day out and coming home.
How do you deal with cabin fever?
Check out more small space ideas from Apartment Therapy:
- 33 Best Small Space Design Tips
- 10 Tips For Small Space Living
- Small Space Design Tips: From LA Architect David Applebaum