It's that time of the year when we should all give our places a good scrub. Cleaning isn't the most pleasant activity, especially if you live alone, but there is something to be said about living in a clean home. When all the grime and funk has been removed, you might get the impression that you've moved into a new place.
The saying goes that cleanliness is next to godliness, but ultimately getting your place clean quickly will just require a bit of elbow grease. It helps when family and friends lend a hand, but there are no reasons why you shouldn't be able to get your home ready for the summer.
1. Change and clean your filters! From vacuum cleaners to air conditioners, you should change and clean your filters. There's only so long that you can go without changing these. Remember that HEPA filters on your vacuum should be changed every six months or at the sixth bag change.
2. Wash your filters Some manufacturers like Dyson supply customers with washable filters for their vacuums. It's good to have an extra filter on hand if your old one rips, but they are supposed to last a lifetime. The same goes for range hoods. The filters should be washed in the dishwasher a few times a year to keep them properly functioning.
3. Clean your screens You can clean your TV screens and computer monitors using coffee filters or DSLR air blowers. Don't forget to check them in sunlight to ensure cleanliness.
4. Purge your gadgets Get rid of all of your old gadgets in a few different ways, from social networking to Craigslist and here are some tips on getting the most from your old gadgets.
5. Keep that home office clean! Declutter your desk and keep your home office as clean as possible in order to get things done.
(Image: Flickr member Chaomancer licensed for use under Creative Commons, Dyson and kitty photo by Kristen Lubbe)