1. A headrest pillow. I always kick myself when I forget it because when I start dozing off, I do the head-bob jerk which is the worst. Or I find myself in an awkward situation if I happen to be sitting next to a complete stranger and wake up leaning on their shoulder.
2. A sweater or a blanket. No matter if it's the dead of summer, airplanes tend to get chilly; so it's always a good idea to bring an extra layer of protection.
3. Water. With security measures being what they are, I tote around an empty Nalgene bottle and fill it up at a water fountain.
4. Xanax. (Just kidding. But not really.)
5. Entertainment. Although this one is becoming obsolete. So many planes now offer a vast amount of in-flight movies, TV shows, and music; i.e. my flight had about 60 movies available to watch on demand.
What are some of your travel tips to make longer trips more comfortable? Share it with us in the comments!