Todd Oldham recently worked with Fishs Eddy to launch a new collection of Charley Harper dinnerware and glassware. As the collection debuts, The New York Times interviews Oldham about his relationship with Harper, the prolific illustrator who died in 2007. Oldham first discovered Harper's work at the age of 5, through illustrations in a biology book. 40 years later, he rediscovered Harper's illustrations in a junk store and helped to revive the artist's career with the publication of the monograph "Charley Harper: An Illustrated Life." Links to full interview and more news below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Q & A With Todd Oldham | New York Times
• A New Film On Glass Houses by Mies and Philip Johnson | The Glass House
• Vern Yip Home Collection to Debut with HSN | Home Accents Today
• Tumblr Now Has More Blogs Than Wordpress.com | Mashable
• AD Prepares Its September Issue on the Future of Design | Architectural Digest
Photo: Fishs Eddy