- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I'm in love with the windows. With 6 of them (one is 11' wide) there is a ton of natural light, and the space feels much larger than it actually is. I'm centrally located in SF and on the top of a hill. The view is great, overlooking Golden Gate park on the west side and looking up to Twin Peaks/Sutro Tower to the south. You can see all the way out to Ocean Beach on a clear day, and every night I look forward to coming home to a beautiful sunset! My 2 kitties love the windows too, and you can usually find them sitting on one of the ledges.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Storage is always a challenge. I have a single closet, which is small, so I have learned how to edit and get rid of anything I don't absolutely need. An army chest as a coffee table and some old lockers help keep things out of sight. I'm freaked out by microwaves and don't produce enough dirty dishes to warrant using a dishwasher, so I use those for storage too! (You wouldn't believe how much you can fit in an empty dishwasher!) The trick is to not completely close it and accidentally start the wash cycle...
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I recently acquired a beautiful walnut and brass BassamFellows daybed from McGuire. I love their work and it's a cool piece, even though it's not an ideal fit for my space. I'm currently using it as an entertainment stand of sorts, but I would love to have a new leather cushion made for it! There's also an empty spot on the wall that has been yearning for some art.