From measuring for drapes or trying to figure out how long that new sofa can be, you're going to need at least one measuring tool in your life. If you're in the throes of a full renovation or redecoration, you may even want to keep a couple around -- one in your toolbox and one in your bag or car.
- This handsome Pebble Tape Measure measures up to 72 inches and is available in three types of wood: sycamore, laurel and ebony. Avaible at Leif for $17 each.
- When you need to measure a really long distance, there's the Field Rule. It measures up to 65 feet. $48 at Best Made Company.
- This Red Leather Measuring Tape measures up to 60 inches and can be monogrammed (perfect for a housewarming gift). $27 at Leatherology.
- I can imagine Measuring Tape Tape being ideal for stenciling and other DIYs. The paper tape is printed with markings every 1/8 inch. $10.50 for a 50 foot roll at Museum of Useful Things
- The cheap little FIXA Tape Measure measures up to 118". And at a low price of $1.29 at IKEA you can pick up one for your toolbox, one of your bag, one for your junk drawer...
- The basic Stanley 25 foot Locking Tape Measure will is as basic as it gets but it will get the job done every time. $9.95 at Lowe's and a little less at Home Depot
- The German-made Precision Folding Ruler offers up to 78" of old fashioned solid aluminum measuring fun. $42 at Best Made Company.
(Images: As credited above.)