We're taking a page from the AT: San Francisco book today.
They had a great post up last month -- Top 10: Found Objects to Bring Inside Your Home -- and we've decided to steal it for our own purposes.
As we make our way through the Cure, we're trying to add some color and interest to our apartment. But in an effort to keep it green, we're staying away from the 1st floor of Ikea (where we could easily drop $30 bucks and return home with all sorts of bright and shiny stuff to scatter throughout our place).
We're trying to come up with ways to turn the stuff we already have, and stuff we can gather outside into our art. So we've scoured a few magazines and a few of our favorite sites and come up with this short list of fun projects.
• 7 Found Object Clocks (by Ready-Made)
• Mini Forests for Your Home (by Sunset)
• Making a Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
• A Whole Page of Recycled Craft Ideas (Blueprint Magazine) (The most seasonal? These Tin Jack O' Lanterns.)
• The Ivar Room Divider (by Ready Made) (FYI: This one takes a little more than found stuff!)
Any other projects or simple ways to decorate with found-objects? Stones? Twigs? What else?