Smell is the strongest sense tied to memory and, with the holiday season around the corner, I keep craving the scents I associate with this wonderful time of year. Unfortunately, it's difficult to know what fragrances to buy unless you take the time to smell each and every option. It's especially hard if you do most of your shopping online, like I do. To make things easier, I've compiled a list of the most popular and well reviewed holiday candles, for those looking for the perfect scent to accompany their fireside hot cocoa. • Holiday Candle by Nest: Mandarin orange, pine, cinnamon and eucalyptus.
• Frasier Fir Scented Candle by Thymes: Mountain fresh and glowing with the aromatic snap of crisp Siberian Fir needles, heartening cedarwood and relaxing sandalwood.
• Rocky Mountain Christmas Candle by LOL Candles: Blue spruce, northern pine and douglas fir blended with a warm woody base.
• Pumpkin Pie Candle by Pure Integrity Soy Candles: Oven baked, homemade pumpkin pie with a hint of cinnamon and spices.
• Savannah Holly Scented Candle by Nouvelle Candle Company: Notes of fresh cut green, holly and bayberry, with cinnamon and spice.
• Roasted Chestnuts Limited Edition Candle by Diptyque: A blend of the toasted accords of juniper and birch essences with the sweetness of tonka beans and the smoothness of vanilla. This is scent is not currently available, but will return for the 2010 Holiday season. In the meantime, Fiquier is a good alternative. This scent comes from the crushed leaves of the fig tree. It is slightly fruity, but mostly green.
• Holiday Candela - Vittorio by Tocca: Warm and emotional, like a classic Italian Christmas poesia, Vittorio evokes the magic of traditions and the style of this Italian gentleman thanks to the essence of rosemary and the nostalgic scent of pine.
• Candy Corn Candle by Blue Moon Candles: Amazing replica of the popular Halloween candy.
• Pine & Eucalyptus Candle by The Organic Pharmacy: Pine, sage and eucalyptus.
(The Organic Pharmacy is a UK company)
• Evergreen Candle by Aroma Naturals: Green aromas of cleansing juniper, fresh and calming spruce along with relaxing basil.
• Fir Balsam & Pine Limited Edition Candle by Kilian: Fragrant fir and balsam blends with layers of ambrosial pine.
• Holiday Candle Collection by Votivo: Christmas Sage, Joie de Noel, Winter Solstice ,Red Currant, Icy Blue Pine, Clementine & Clove.
If you have any suggestions for sensational holiday scents, please share with the Apartment Therapy community!