Note: in our opinion, most kettles are awful. They are either too fancy or too slick and the point of the exercise - boiling water - is missed entirely or overdone. For these reasons we have only bought two kettles that we are proud of: the Revere kettle and the Chinese restaurant kettles, which are harder to find and our personal favorite. However, in an effort to get a Top 10 List together we scanned the horizon and found some others that - while not perfect - are worthy of mention.
- Revere Whistling Tea Kettle: classic, easy to clean, works perfectly
- Classic Chinese Restaurant Kettle: stainless steel, black handle, cute spout. - can be found in Chinatown and sometimes at Pearl River Mart
- Alessi Michael Graves Tea Kettle: sooooo 80's (broke open the field)
- Bodum CALORIUS: new entry, fun, successful use of plastic
- OXO Tea Kettle: a bit much, but sure to be a classic for it's ease of use
- All-Clad Stainless Kettle: high end, clean lines
- Chantal Stainless Kettle: high end, clean lines
- Cuisinart Stainless Kettle: high end, clean lines
- Russell Hobbs Cordless Kettle: best electric
- Windsor Quick Boil Teakettle: Old fashioned design really works. This baby boils FAST.
NOTE: These listings are entirely subjective, based on experience and open to addition and refutation. We will be updating all Top 10 Lists from time to time based on comments and our own finds. MGR
ATVideo of the Day