Yes, pets are a massive pain in the ass, but we also love them to death. Since today is focused on all the ways to keep their hair and stink at bay, it’s nice to also celebrate the wiggly, slobbery, and sweet fur babies that they are. (For cat people, Nancy just wrote a great post about living with a kitty that you can read here.) So, here are the top ten reasons why dogs keep the world happily humming along.
1. You never have to be alone in the house. Like ever. Not for a minute. Even when you go to the bathroom, you have an audience.
2. You never need to sweep up dropped edibles (and, in some cases, non-edibles).
3. Because that time she destroyed a pen and tracked blue ink all over the house is now a good story, and the memory of your ruined rug eventually fades over time.
4. You never wanted the entire bed anyway.
5. Excess drool and slobber builds immunity, making you and your loved ones healthier in the long run.
6. Your dog will never, ever look down on you for wearing pajamas all day.
7. They let you dress them up in redorkulous things.
8. Because, with tired puppies, stuff like this happens.
9. No one will ever be this excited to see you when you come home.
10. And because, when they are sweet and well-behaved with others in public, your heart swells with pride.