Whether you need to carve out a bedroom from a studio apartment, or a foyer from a living room, or just a little private space anywhere, these room dividers will get the job done. Some are more opaque, for when privacy is a primary concern; others let a bit more light through, for when the suggestion of a separation is enough. Check out our top 10 collection.
This is a room divider that you'll be passing on to your grandchildren.
A ripply room divider from the iconic midcentury design duo — spendy but definitely a classic.
An attractive way to partition a room and create a little extra storage at the same time.
Our Previous Lists:
- Sharing a Bedroom: Folding Screens for Under $250
- How To Make a Quick & Easy Folding Room Screen
- Home "Alone": Small Space Hacks for Creating Privacy At Home
- 10 Ideas for Dividing Small Spaces
For a bit of a hippie/boho look. The cane provides a bit of privacy while still letting light through.
This canvas room divider is a blank slate, waiting to be upholstered or painted as you see fit.
Other Good Resources:
- 15 Beautiful Screens and Room Dividers - Elle Decor
- The Versatile Accessory Every Room Needs - Veranda
- Decorating With Folding Screens - The Wall Street Journal
A beautiful tree pattern to add a little something extra to your space.
You could attach fabric to one side of this divider if you like the look but want a little more privacy.
This classic IKEA bookcase (a re-working of the old EXPEDIT) also makes a great room divider, as seen at the top of the post. It also comes in a 5x5 version, for $199.