They don't all suck. You can sleep well on a sofa, but some ARE better than others, and money does seem to buy you a better night's sleep in this category. This list represents what we know so far and comments are more than welcome.
Please be certain to check the links at the end of this post for the most recent information and Sleeper Sofa Bed reviews.
• Carlyle Convertibles - Multiple experiences say these folks are the best and on the expensive side.
• American Leather / American Upholstery - Readers swear by this company and the quality of their springless Comfort Sleeper collection is well known.
• Crate and Barrel - For affordable pricing, C&B get great marks.
• Avery Boardman - The most luxurious, to the trade only.
• DWR - The Twilight and the Sliding sofa continue to be favorites in the hinged foam category.
• Ligne Roset - Their Nomade Express is a great design for a hinged, foam design in a sexy, modern package.
• Room & Board - Room and Board's sleepers use the springless Comfort Sleeper system.
• Blu Dot - A growing collection of smart and simple modern sleepers.
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams - a wide variety of contemporary and traditional styles available.
• Bo Concept - a variety of modern sleepers with a European influence.
APARTMENT THERAPY SLEEPER SOFA BED REVIEWS
• Maxwell's Modern Sleeper Sofa & Sofa Bed Reviews for Dwell Magazine
• Twilight Sleep Sofa from DWR
• Soto Sleeper Sofa from DWR
• Traversina Sleeper Sofa Bed
• Havana Sleeper Sofa from DWR
• Sliding Sofa Bed from DWR
• One Night Stand Sleeper Sofa by Blu Dot
• Flat Out Sofa Sleeper by Blu Dot
• The Diplomat Sleeper Sofa Bed by Blu Dot
• Nomade Express Sofa Bed by Ligne Roset
• Mostra by Ligne Roset
• The Troy Sleeper Sofa from Crate & Barrel
• James Lounge Sofa Bed from Gus Modern
• Sofabed by Harri Koskinen
• MANSTAD Sectional Sofa Bed & Storage from IKEA
• TYLOSAND Sofa Bed from IKEA
• Roundup: Twin Sleeper Sofas
• Quality Checklist for Sleeper Sofas
UPDATED 9/1/2010 - AA