If the average person sleeps for eight hours each night, at the end of a year we will have spent 2,920 hours under the covers. If we're going to spend all that time wrapped up in sheets, perhaps they should be of the organic variety. Check out a list of our top ten sources for organic bedding and get ready to sleep in carefree comfort.
- Nest Bedding: This San Francisco-based shop specializes in DIY natural mattress kits and also stocks organic sheets and pillows.
- Rough Linen: Based in Marin, California, Rough Linen is the home of Tricia Rose's hand sewn linen line.
- Plover Organic: This Seattle-based shop uses 100% organic cotton and low-impact, fiber reactive dyes for all of their products.
- Goodnight Green: In addition to offering a full selection of organic mattresses, this online store also sells organic and eco-friendly bedding for both adults and children.
- Coyuchi: This online store carries a range of natural and organic bedding, as well as throw pillows and bed frames.
- LOOP: You can find LOOP's organic bedding in specialty retailers across the country or order directly from them online.
- Viva Terra: This company offers green products for the entire home, including a nice selection of bedding.
- Open Your Eyes Bedding: This online shop focuses on organic mattresses, including bulk buckwheat hulls for making your own pillows.
- Modern Karibou: This Canadian retailer has an eco-design section with a limited but lovely selection of organic bedding.
- Inhabit: This husband/wife design house goes to great lengths to keep their product eco-friendly, including using 100% organic cotton for their bedding lines.
(Image: Scuba's Open House)