What to do about all of those plastic shopping bags? We posted one product yesterday and promised to come back with more. This is by no means meant to encourage the use of plastic bags. Just some ideas on how to reuse them until they're completely banished from our way of living.
• First things first, avoid using plastic bags: check out these from Reuseable Bags and Nubius Organics instead.
• This Trash Rac mounts inside a cabinet and provides lidded garbage storeage using an old shopping bag.
• Crochet one strong bag from many weak ones.
• AT reader, polkadot, showed us this Grocery Bag Trash Can, only $4.99.
• Bag It All by Knape and Vogt is actually made for a standard paper bag, turning it into a cabinet-mounted waste bin.
• The Bag Valet mounts on the inside of a cabinet door, too, storing saved bags and providing a place to hang one for use.
This is just the start of a top ten list. Please add on with your comments!