We are thinking about dorm life...from the AT:NY Dorm Room Contest to AT:Chicago's roundup of hot dorm room accessories, and now here, at AT:Nursery, we present our own entry into Dorm Living - our top 10 necessities for happy residence hall living.
• Folding Hand Truck, $99.99: The faster move-in goes, the happier everyone is.
• Jersey Sheets, $19.99. As warm as flannel in the winter, cool in the summer, and they only get softer with age. Make sure yours are XL Twin.
• Duvet Cover, $99.99: Make sure your Duvet cover is an XL Twin as well - dorm beds are typically longer than regular twin beds.
• Closet Doubler, $11.99: Use your tiny closet space wisely.
• Conceal Surge Protector, $58.99: Not just to protect your electronics - most dorm rooms have very few plugs. This one also hides your cords.
• File Folders, $9.95: Stylish and useful.
• Shark Hand Vac, $39.99: Surprise! Most dorms don't have vacuums for student use in them!
• Dropps Laundry Detergent, $4.99: So much easier than lugging a big bottle of detergent around.
• Hangers, $10.99: These are a little fancy, but most dorm rooms don't come with hangers.
• Noise-cancelling headphones, $99.99: Cancel out the background noise, and studying in your room will be a lot easier.
What would you add to this list to make a dorm room a more comfortable place to live? Or, what did you bring to college (yourself, or when moving your kids), that you wish you had left at home?
What is most likely to be forgotten in the move? Hangers, surge protectors, and bed linens - the most obvious day to day stuff is always what gets left behind, so make a list to avoid standing in line at the local Target on move-in day. Got any great move-in day advice for the rest of us? Let us know in the comments!