It's finally spring and I'm so ready for al fresco dining, either in the shade on a beautiful warm day, or at night with lanterns to light the table. You can eat every meal outside with one of these ten outdoor patio dining sets— our top favorite picks for the year.
For comparison purposes, all prices include the cost of one table and either four chairs or two benches, unless otherwise noted:
1. Above, PS 2014 White Folding Table and Benches from IKEA; $279
As cheap options go, IKEA's PS 2014 table pretty much kills it in my book. Its low visual profile, narrow top, and folding legs make it perfect for small spaces, or as an alternative to the ubiquitous card table. And all white goes with everything, all the time.
2. Round Dining Collection from West Elm; $1355 (with four chairs)
West Elm's newest outdoor dining table is sculptural and solid, and looks like it belongs in the dining room versus the outdoors. The texture of the woven chairs contrasts nicely with the table's smooth finish.
3. Beer Garden Outdoor Dining Table & Benches from World Market; $510
There's lots to love about this German-inspired table from Cost Plus. The combination of bright colored metal with warm wood makes it both fun and versatile, and the folding function is just plain smart for storage. This is a great set for backyard barbeques and casual get-togethers. It's also available in aqua blue.
4. Threshold Holden Metal Round Dining Furniture Set from Target; $577
As basics go, this Threshold set is solid and affordable. The round table is nice for tiny decks and patios, but there is a larger rectangular version in the same collection if you prefer. You can also choose from six different cushion color options for your chairs.
5. Compamia 5-Piece Slat-Seat Resin Patio Dining Set from Lowe's; $531
This fun, modern dining set is a nice small-scale surprise from Lowe's. The different color chairs add a new dimension, and the resin looks extremely durable. In terms of maintenance and cleaning, this might be the best option— just hose or wipe down and you're done.
6. La Coupole Outdoor Dining Table, Rectangular Black Granite Top; $3495 and Parisian Bistro Outdoor Dining Chair; $350, both from Williams Sonoma Home.
Although more expensive than the other picks, this black iron and granite table, paired with café chairs, is all French elegance and style. It's a classic, and you'd never have to buy another outdoor table for the rest of your life.
7. Fuze Dining Table and Lucinda Stacking Chairs from CB2; $1279
Another solid, modern choice. The orange chairs looks particularly nice with the grey finish. A few reviews mentions stains, so look into sealing options before you decide to purchase.
8. Communal 98" Dining Table and Berkshire Chairs from Crate & Barrel; $3595
One of my favorites on the list, Crate & Barrel's large table has all the space for large parties, without the clunkiness that plagues a lot of outdoor furniture. Although you can let the teak naturally weather to gray, I'd treat it with oil each year to maintain the wood's warm tone.
9. Griffith 5-Piece Metal Patio Dining Furniture Set from Target; $349
If you love vintage or retro-style metal furniture, this is the set for you. It's also from Target, and super affordable for a five-piece set. The red (or blue or green) with white makes a bright statement that's perfect for summer.
10. Colorado Beetle Kill Dining Set from Custom Board & Steel on Etsy; $1600
It's always worth it to check out the custom furniture on Etsy for local options. This sleek set is made of reclaimed beetle-damaged wood from Colorado and has raw steel elements. It's a fair price for something handmade, and for that much seating.
Has anyone purchased any of the sets above, and have anything to add? Share your experience with others!