The postcard was propped up against our building's mailboxes and addressed to one of our neighbors, so we didn't filch it, but we figure there must be loads of services like this, sponsored by various churches, temples, community centers and charities. We'd like to compile a list, so if you've made use of a service like this, let us know, and we'll list it here.
To get things started:
• Sunset Scavenger: will pick up two bulky items a year for free, per residence, in SF
• Paper Rush recycling: will pick up hard cover books at your home for a fee, in SF
• Building Futures with Women and Children: will pick up childrens' clothing and toys in East Bay; call for details
• Computer Recycling Project: will pick up both Macs & PCs throughout the Bay Area.
• Goodwill Industries of Redwood Empire: Will pick up computers in Ukiah, Napa, Santa Rosa and Sonoma
• The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County: will pick up clothing, toys, school supplies and medical equipment, in Alameda county