Children love to cook.The process of how food gets from the fridge to the table is something that children are naturally drawn to and curious about. The best way to engage this curiosity is by inviting them into the cooking process. These real cooking tools are a simple and safe way to allow your child to contribute to the creation of family meals:
• Montessori n' Such's Mortar and Pestle, $6.79
• Little Red Robin's Crinkle Cutter, $3.50
• For Small Hands' Hand Mixer, $5.95
• Re-modern's Organic Bamboo Utensil Set, $24.00
• Little Red Robin's Mini Colanders, $10
• Ikea's Forma Bowls, $3.99
• Neat Solution's Rolling Pin, $3.50
• For Small Hands' Stainless Steel Sifter, $5.95
• Montessori n' Such's Juicers, $4.00 and $7.20
• Sassafras' Apron Set, $25.00
With these kitchen tools, even toddlers can grind spices and herbs, cut vegetables and cheese, mix eggs and cream easily, help make juice for the family breakfast and feel a great sense of accomplishment at making a cooking contribution!
Did we miss any? Share your favorites!
Photo by Yoshi Nokichi.