We haven't had a clip light since childhood, when our folks bought brightly-colored clip lights to attach to the slats of the bunkbed. But we need one now to brighten a work space that lacks room for table- or wall-mounted lighting. This little nook has shelves above the work surface, so a clip light will solve the problem nicely, provided we discretely attach the dangling cord to the underside of the shelf.
Now, which one? Pivoting head or a gooseneck? Chrome or colored enamel? Mesh or light-emitting cutouts? Here's a top ten. Chime in if you know of others!
• Metal Star Clip Lamp, $39
• Counterweight Clip Lamp, $29
• Gooseneck Clip Lite 1, $14.40
• Gooseneck Clip Lite 2, $28.80
• Gooseneck Clip on Lite 3, $18.45
• Chrome Gooseneck Clip on Lite, $14.40
• Gooseneck Clip on Lamp in Metallic Red, $29.95
• Clip on Goose Neck Mesh Head Lamp in Brushed Nickel, $19.95
• Clip On Mesh Head Lamp in Brushed Nickel, $29.95
• Dinge Clamp Spotlight $3.99
05/08: See our updated list here.