Wherever the road takes you, sometimes you need a bit of tech gear to help ease the pavement boredom. We drove cross-country not too long ago, and these are some of the things that made our temporary home....the car....a bit more bearable.
• Digital Media Player: When the radio stations fade, you always have your favorite roadtrip songs to keep you going.
• Smart Cell Phone: These phones are powerful road warriors. Not only can you use for phone calls, but they can serve as an easy point-and-shoot camera to catch all those strange road signs and instant internet access for road conditions or restaurant recommendations.
• Digital Camera: For when you find that Bob's Big Boy statue you need to pose next to.
• Laptop: Download your photos, watch a movie, or connect to the internet and book a hotel using your internet-enabled phone.
• Nintendo DS: Because Mario makes every long trip an adventure.
• Power Inverter: Because all of these things need charging, and it eliminates the need for extra cables. Simply plug it into your lighter and hook up your standard plugs.
What would you add to this list? What gadgets do you need on the road?