Can little ones appreciate great art? Well, it doesn't hurt to get them started. While we love all the great work we find on Etsy, we also like the idea of hanging masterpieces in our child's room. They are vibrant, bold, and if they're fascinating for us as adults, imagine all that can be seen in them through a child's eyes.
Of course, art is always a matter of personal taste - but here are a few of our picks for a child's room...
- The Tree of Life - Gustav Klimt, $39.99.
- Starry Night - Vincent Van Gogh, $19.99.
- The Great Wave at Kanagawa - Hokusai Katsushika, $24.99.
- Water Lilies - Claude Monet, $19.99.
- The Dog - Pablo Picasso (there's also an owl and a camel done in the same vain that would make a nice set), $25.99.
- Sky and Water - M.C. Escher, We all keep hearing about black and white contrasting pictures and flashcards for infants, so why not? $17.99.
- Les Oiseaux - Henri Matisse, $119.99.
- Vergesslicher Engel - Paul Klee, $59.99.
- Breakfast in Bed - Mary Cassatt, $7.99.
- Sky Above the Clouds - this is one of our favorite O'Keeffe's, $24.99.
(Re-Edited from 2007-9-4 - CB)