If you've been following along with the outdoor area-whipping-into-shape posts, then you've already done a lot of inspiration gathering and list building. This weekend's the time to move forward in plans! Whether it's repairs or heavy cleaning — try and cross off as many big projects this weekend off your list to help shape your outdoor area into your dream area!
Even if you haven't been following along (either because you've just joined us or you were already on your own step in the process of beautifying your outdoor area), we still suggest you make as much progress as you can with the big items in your outdoor area — making repairs, scrubbing outdoor furniture, creating any needed DIY projects (either making seating from scratch or refinishing something you already own). Get the big projects over with now —so the rest of your outdoor area tasks can be the icing on the cake (and you can start using the area sooner)!
With wildly different outdoor area sizes and types our Apartment Therapy readers have — from small balconies to big yards — consider this a loose schedule to follow; your needs will be unique to you. So remember that if you don't tackle everything this weekend, it's totally okay. You should move at any pace that works for your area. We don't know everything that's on your list of DIY projects and repairing or cleaning tasks to tackle this weekend, but you might find some guidance or inspiration in the posts below. And good luck! Be sure to update us with what you're up to and how your outdoor area is progressing!
Patios, decks and balconies:
Outdoor furniture cleaning:
- How To: Clean (Really Dirty) Outdoor Furniture
- How To: Clean Patio Furniture
- 5 Tools To Make Outdoor Cleaning Easier
- Clean Outdoor Furniture On The Cheap
- Outdoor Furniture Cleaning & Care
Outdoor furniture repair & DIY:
Still on the hunt for the perfect DIY project?
The 10 Best Sites for DIY Projects
Tackle your outdoor repairs with technology:
Make those windows shine:
- The Best Way to Wash Your Windows
- (for inside, but tips can work for some outside) How To Paint Windowsills & Window Trim
Inspiring before & after outdoor transformations
- Before & After: Kate's Peeling Porch
- Before & After: Outdoor Storage Turned Seating
- Before & After: A Tiny London Terrace Gets a Dose of Spring
- Before & After: Jacquie's Outdoor Lounge
- Before & After: A Year of Outdoor Projects
- Before & After: Outdoor Projects