It’s hard to get excited about something as pedestrian as a toilet. They’re often tucked behind half-walls or in their own little rooms to mask both their function and their complete lack of style. But these beauties deserve center stage! Click through the jump to check out some unexpectedly good-looking plumbing!
1. Part of a series that also includes Pine and Maple tree motifs, Toto's Waza Miyabi Plum tree toilet is a masterpiece you won't want to hide. From $6500.
2. Designed by Philippe Starck for Duravit, the Starck X line of bath fixtures and fittings includes a wall-mounted, floor-sitting, and close-coupled (think of a regular toilet) toilet, each of them modern, linear, and fabulous. From around $1400.
3. Geberit's new Monolith toilet comes in three glass-back colors: white, glass green, and black, and you can choose different toilet bowls to suit your taste. The price is around $1200, but since it has an integrated carrier system, it's incredibly simple to install, which could save you thousands in plumber's costs.
4. As you may have noticed, my taste skews a bit modern, but there are definitely beautiful traditional toilets out there, too, like this one designed by Michael S Smith for Kallista. Part of his Loft series, the toilet can be customized with a wood seat and a variety of luxurious handles. From $1289.
5. An obvious attempt to compete with Toto's Washlet series, Kohler's new Numi toilet is nonetheless a thing of beauty. It's simple design belies a host of possibilities including an integral bidet, air-dry, foot heater, and music! Pricing not yet available.
Would you ever give your toilet pride of place in your bathroom?
Images: Toto USA, Luxury Launches, Ocean Bathrooms, Kallista, Kohler