Welcome to the weekend! We're waving goodbye to January very soon, but not before we've rounded up the hot posts from this past week: from the 3rd annual Homies Awards to a roundup of tiny kitchens; from tips on how to properly take care of your washer and dryer to creative indoor planters, toxic house plants (for our lovable pets, anyway), and living without a garbage disposal—check out these posts and more and get the scoop on what readers were talking about this week.
• Attention List Lovers: Essential Checklists for a Health, Eco-Friendly Home
• 10 Tips for Extending the Life of Your Washer and Dryer
• Creative Indoor Planters
• 10 Upcycled Art Projects: If You Love It, Hang It!
• Give Up Soap and Shampoo Forever? Sean Bonner Thinks So
• Smart Upcycling: Use a Wooden Box To Hide Cords
• Why Front Load Washers Are More Efficient
• Green Style: Amazing Shipping Container Home
• Common Houseplants That Are Toxic to Pets
• Living Without a Garbage Disposal
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)