- Washington, DC
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love most about my home is that the artwork, layout, and energy of the space reflect who I am. With four large windows I get ample light throughout the day that showcases paintings from my grandmother (Chinese man) and two sisters (Chakra painting and black/white etching). My Bottecchia bike and lacrosse stick highlight my athletic tendencies and serve as both art and functionality. And yes you saw correctly, because I don't own a tv, it has opened up the space for me to curl up with a book or enjoy hours of conversation with family and friends.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. I am convinced that my home feels larger because I left ample room for walkways . An open entrance, clear paths to the kitchen, living room, alcove, and bathroom keep people from ducking and dodging furniture. It feels larger just by the simple fact that there is space to walk.
2. A nicely placed room divider has been one of my staple pieces for creating separate living spaces. The divider itself is beautiful all the while concealing my queen bed, establishing a meaningful living room, and developing clear lines between the entrance to the kitchen.
3. Use color! Each room is painted a different color so as you move throughout the space you will feel a sense of separation and purpose. The large artwork draws the eyes around the room, the pink floral Anthropologie dress in the powder room infuses fashion, and the Bottecchia Bike/DC bike painting is both functional and in my opinion, super cool.