Here is a range of examples of traditional dining rooms. Some of them fill all the criteria, while others serve their tradition with a twist, whether it's mismatched chairs, hot pink glasses, or a table for two. All of these ideas can be adapted to fit any space.
Which is your favorite?
- Design by Rafael de Cárdenas, photographed by William Waldron for the October, 2010, Elle Decor.
- Suzanne Kasler dining room, via House and Home.
- Design by Kate Simpson, via the October/November 2009 Lonny.
- Muriel Brandolini Interior Design.
- Photograph by Hotze Eisma via The Diversion Project.
- Design by Carol Curtis and Sarah Norwood, photographed by J. Savage Gibson for the February, 2008, House Beautiful.
- Ruthie Chapman Sommers Interior Design.
- Nina Campbell's dining room, photographed by David Parmiter for Veranda.
- Photograph by Gordon Beall for Traditional Home.
- A French dining nook in khaki and orange-red, photographed by Guillaume de Laubier for a 1990 issue of Elle Decor