The idea for this post came from a reader comment left on our recent roundup of useful apps for pet owners. As folks who have trained more than one puppy in our lives, we know the importance of dog training and so we were quite curious to see a suggestion for an app to train dogs. In this roundup we take a look at that reader suggested app as well as a few others that promise to help train your pup.
Apps to Train Your Dog:
1) See Spot Sit: This app suggested by reader Steve99 is a dog training tool that works through the technique of Clicker Training. $0.99
2) Smart Dog Training: Designed to be an entire training course, this app is comprised of video lessons that are categorized by the age of your dog. $1.99
3) Dog Tricks & Bark Machine: Possibly the best reviewed dog training app in iTunes, this app features information on several tricks and has different noises to be used to reinforce training. $0.99
4) Dog Remote: We like the clean aesthetic of this app which touts itself as the "funkiest dog training and whistle app available for iPhone." $1.99
5) Dog Trainer Search: This free app contains a directory of dog trainers as well as articles on dog training.
More pet love from the Unplggd archives:
Have you had any success training a dog with an app?
(Images: Kory Westerhold and Melissa Santiago)