Transom windows always make us think of the doors in the turn-of-the-century building where we attended primary school. But you'll spot the feature in homes of that period, too:
They've got a great vintage-y vibe. Not only do they look cool, but operable ones are functional too, moving air around in high-ceiling-ed spaces and providing shared natural light between rooms. Any readers out there have transoms in their homes? Wish we did...
- 1 from Domino's how to: add a transom window
- 2 a modern transom from ATNY's House Tour: Gil's Path to Enlightenment
- 3 a transom above a kitchen range from Sunset's gallery of condo design tips
- 4 from Ohdeedoh's Violet's Urban Tree House
- 5 AT Chicago's Vintage-Style Bathroom