Continuing with Escapes month here at Apartment Therapy we thought we'd remind you about Joshua Tree National Park. With the Mojave Desert just under two hours from Los Angeles with a variety of things to do and see, we can't wait to go back.
The Joshua Tree is a giant member of the Lily family
Bike sculpture outside the Pioneertown Motel
Road sign outside the Pioneertown Motel
Things to Do
- Take a nature Walk to one of our favorite places in the Park--Keys View where you can catch a view of the Salton Sea on a clear day.
- Rock Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Spend an evening star gazing where once a month the Andromeda Astronomical Society hosts a star party in the park.
- Stop by Pappy and Harriets where you can taste the local flavor and catch a live band or two.
- The Pioneer Bowl has a saloon and dinner show!
Places to Stay
- Spend a historical evening at the Pioneertown Motel where the Cisco Kid and Annie Oakley were filmed.
- Check out the beautiful pictures and story in the Los Angeles Times Home and Garden section on Rimrock Ranch.
- Next time, we're staying at the Joshua Tree Highlands Houses where each house is nestled on five acres of panoramic views.
Related Escapes Posts
[Images of the Joshua Tree from paraflyer]