Whether you're on a plane, in a car, at grandma's house or in a faraway hotel, nothing puts a damper on travel like losing some critical piece to a favorite toy. The solution? Pack toys without loose parts. Look for classic toys that use the magic of magnets, ring-bound cards for early learners, and self-contained play scenes with reusable stickers. These are equally awesome at home for their lost-part resistance and enjoyability, no batteries required.
1. Melissa & Doug Magnetic Picture Maker - $24.95 from Melissa & Doug
2. Mudpuppy Play Scene Sticker Set - $11.79 from YoYo.com
3. Classic Etch A Sketch - $12.99 from Toys R Us
4. My First Words Ring Flash Cards - $10.80 from BN.com
5. Fisher-Price Doodle Pro Tag-Along - $16.50 from Amazon.com
(Images: as linked above)