When we moved away from my parents and in-laws, I knew we'd be clocking a lot of time in the car and in the air. We've traveled from Minnesota to Ohio, Missouri, Texas, Florida, and Mississippi a few times a year for ten years. When you're logging frequent flyer miles as often as we do, the small things make all the difference in your travel experience. Before we hit the road again for summer vacay, I want to get our car comfort game on point. DIY travel pillows for me, my husband, and the kids are bound to make the long trip tolerable.
1. Above: missing your beloved pets when you're far from home? Check out this sweet free crochet cat neck pillow tutorial by Red Heart.
2. Transform a traditional square pillow into a compact, roll-n-go neck pillow like this one created by Urban Acreage.
3. This embroidered, fleecy bunny travel pillow by Handmade Charlotte is adorable in a modern, graphic way. Neon threads and fleece fabric make a cool combo.
4. Don't forget that it's not just your neck that gets tired and sore. Sit on one of these DIY donuts by Little Inspiration and give your butt a break.
5. Lock your pillow in place with this seatbelt neck pillow by ThermoWeb. It was made using fusible fleece.
6. Maje Zmaje made this clever cover that turns a small blanket (or any soft item) into a travel pillow. The tutorial isn't in English, but there are plenty of photos that demonstrate how to make it.