Party season. In the growing feeding frenzy created by new and old media rubbing up against one another (or old media's obsession with blogs -- per Joe Trippi's comments at the recent launch of Newsbluntly.com,) there was no place better to be last night than the Treehugger -- Voltaic Systems launch party. Here is the play by play:
- Blogger central, and highly incestuous.
- Walking around with my notepad reporting for FORTUNE, I met Lockhart walking around with his notebook working on a story about design blogs for House&Home....
- Jam-packed with media types, hot spanish women, and a few venture capitalists....
- Then it occurred to me that ApartmentTherapy.com should post something as well... [BRILLIANT idea!]
- OK, let's get our Gawker on: There among the crowd sipping dangerously strong vodka and orange soda drinks were found:
Denton, Cameron Sinclair of Archinect, Grace from Design Sponge, Elizabeth Spiers now of Media Bistro, Joel Johnson of Gizmodo, Meaghan O'Neill writer for Treehugger, Rufus Griscom and his lovely pregnant wife Alisa Volkman, both of Nerve.com, Amy Langfield of Newyorkology.com, Alex Steffan of WorldChanging.com, Margaret Lydecker now of Niche...,
- a posse non-blogger writers and editors from I.D, the Times, Reuters, and even the Wall Street Journal......
Holidays in blogland.... Lovely work Graham!
HOP & MGR