Tassels are a big DIY decor trends, from garlands to lighting to pillow projects. You don't need to buy something new to enjoy them though — they're one of the easiest and most affordable ideas out there. Just grab an item that needs pepping up, some yarn, and a pair of scissors and get going.
- Tassels are really sweet as mantel garland, as seen here on The Lovely Cupboard.
- Decor8 made some super colorful and fun tassels made from extra fabric scraps.
- How great is this roller shade with twisted-cord tassel pull from Martha Stewart?
- For a bit of sparkle, add some metallic versions to napkins, à la Glitter Guide.
- Sick of that boring pendant light over your table? Make it more festive with an array of colorful tassels. From A Subtle Revelry.
- And from Martha again, large scale tassels added to a blanket are a great project.
- The Plaid Palette sewed up some really graphic stenciled pillows with tassels to finish them off.
- Follow Urban Chiqueness's lead and use scrap yarn to decorate a clutch (or keyring).
- Get your placemats ready for colorful summer parties with this guide from Design*Sponge.
- Show up to housewarming party with a stylish gift: teas towels adorned with baker's twine. From Funkytime.
(Image credits: The Lovely Cupboard; Decor8; Martha Stewart; The Glitter Guide; A Subtle Revelry; The Plaid Palette; Urban Chiqueness; Design*Sponge; Funky Time)