Being a neutral, black is never not in style, but it's sure enjoying a moment in the spotlight right now—especially in its subtle matte form. One place in particular that we're seeing a lot of matte black is in the kitchen.
Being as versatile as it is, matte black can be incorporated into an interior in so many ways. It can be incredibly dramatic, can act as an accent, or really ground an otherwise airy space. It's timeless yet modern at the same time. Whether you're a confident design pro ready to do a whole kitchen in black or just want to experiment with a few black fixtures or features, here are 15 great examples of matte black in the kitchen to inspire you.
- In Halle & Jeff's East Village Apartment, matte black cabinets gleam gently, allowing that fabulous tile to shine.
- A bright counter and backsplash is surrounded by black in this kitchen by Joanna Laajisto for Lundia featured on Ems DesignBlogg.
- A casual kitchen in the restaurant Sagverket includes a vintage-inspired black fridge.
- A matte black hood creates lots of contrast in this kitchen by Hecker Guthrie.
- Multiple black elements are mixed with various metallic shades in this kitchen from Freedom Kitchens' Reno Rumble spotted on The Life Creative.
- A light, minimal kitchen by la SHED is grounded by black on Desire to Inspire.
- A black cabinet is less commitment but equally fabulous, from Nordic Leaves.
- Pops of black stand out in a white kitchen by Hecker Guthrie via Apartment 34.
- Elements of black add a modern element to this eclectic kitchen from IDEAS magazine featured on Poppytalk.
- A bright and airy kitchen is grounded with black bottom cabinets in this kitchen makeover from A Beautiful Mess.
- These upper matte black cabinet create top-heavy drama, from A Merry Mishap
- This Vipp kitchen via My Unfinished Home is a perfect black balancing act.
- Glass doors and white tile break up the black of these kitchen cupboards, from Blakes London via D Pages.
- Black cabinet doors are accessorized with clean and simple kitchen details, featured on in vtwonen.
- Black on the bottom is balanced by black sprinkled on the top in this kitchen spotted in Dwell.