With origins as a traditional Scottish print, houndstooth can read refined as a textural element or graphic when blown up in scale. In fashion, houndstooth is a classic fall print; in decor it is a traditional element that plays well with other styles. Here are five different ways to style it, at home or in you wardrobe.
1. Keep it Classic. In a refined space or adorning a structured bag, houndstooth shines when you keep it classic.
2. Make it Graphic. A scaled up version of the print creates a graphic effect and makes it a focal point as with this kitchenette and these quirky pumps.
3. Mix Up the Shape. Upholstering a curvy chair or cut as a swing coat the print feels fresh and creates some serious drama.
4. Mix it Up. By adding in another finish such as the metallic gold shine or patent leather trim the classic gains a bit of edge.
5. Make it Colorful. While the print is traditionally rendered in black and white, colorful versions create a whole new look and feel.