In a special report from Paris' Maison & Objet show earlier this year, we predicted that geometric patterns would be big for 2012. Sure enough, lately we've been spotting bold, geometric prints everywhere. Rendered in colorful hues, basic shapes like triangles, squares and diamonds bring a jolt of life to a modern space — and appeal to the kindergartner in all of us.
1. Geometric wallpaper livens up a well-tailored room. Real Living AU via Dust Jacket Attic.
2. Prints by Carl Kleiner.
3. Aaron Moran creates strange minerals from wood. Via Inspiration of the Nation.
4. A uniquely painted door from Design*Sponge.
5. Wooden faceted bead necklace from So Little Time Co. on Etsy.
6. Work of artist Pard Morrison, via Happy Mundane.
7. Painted nightstand via Design*Sponge.
8. Colored block DIY from Etsy.
9. Recycled timber jewelry hanger from Stampel Studio.
10. Fleur by Richard Schur, via Artnet.
11. Steel trays by Clara Von Zweigbergk for Hay, via DesignBoom.
12. Klein Bottle House by McBride Charles Ryan, via ArchDaily.
13. Lubna Chowdhary tiles, via Bloesem.
14. Painted floor by George Korsmit, via The Artful Desperado.
15. Themis mobile from The Future Perfect.
MORE GEOMETRY ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Trend Watch: Triangles
• Print Love: Triangles
• Polyhedron Fever: 5 Home Goods
• Floating Geometry (Printable Polyhedrons)
(Images: as linked above)