It's nice when a trend is as inexpensive and simple as this one. Paper globe lanterns, which are readily available in Chinatown shops or your nearest IKEA for just a few bucks, are showing up everywhere — from the pages of designer magazines to the homes that pop up on Apartment Therapy and other blogs.
This has been a trend for a while now (Maxwell posted a helpful step-by-step on getting the look at home a couple of years ago) but we've really seen it in full force lately, possibly because it's one of those projects that's recession-friendly but still looks good enough to appear in designer spaces or glossy mags. For more ideas and inspiration, check out the links below.
- Ana and Daniel's Aerie on the Bowery
- Cheri and David's Creative Loft from the Selby
- Big, Beautiful DIY Paper Globe Chandelier
- Valentines Party with Magical Paper Globes
- Paper Lanterns from Marie Claire Maison
• How to Make a Paper Globe Chandelier
• Low Cost, High Impact: Paper Lanterns
• Globe Pendant Lamps, Five Ways
Photos: Alice Engel (1), Todd Selby (2), Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan (3-4) Jerome Galland / Marie Claire Maison (5)