What is gorgeous, green and gaining ground as pattern for interiors? Malachite. A mineral that has been mined for thousands of years, it's intense color and pseudo psychedelic swirls make it a timely mix of classical influence and hippie glam. We found a few examples and sources to support the trend:
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. The malachite-inspired design of the Viceroy Miami by Kelly Wearstler.
2. Pillows made from "Gemstone" fabric from the Tony Duquette collection for Jim Thompson
3. Malachite 30x30" Tile from Aqua Imperial
4. Malchite Wallpaper from Cole & Son (We saw this used in Summer Thornton's room at the current Dream Home - it's amazing in person!)
5. A decorative paint finish by Mark Chamberlain (Here is the How-To)
Bottom row, left to right:
6. Faux Malchite Jewelry Box from Global Views
7. Malachite Rug from the Tony Duquette collection for Roubini Rugs
8. Faux Malchite Topped Accent Table from Accent Furniture Direct
9. A hunk of the real stuff from Ruzzetti & Gow
10. And, if you want to be totally in sync with your newly decked out malachite living room, you could always wear this Michael Kors dress!
(Images: as linked above)