It used to be that in order to own a beautiful handwoven rug or throw, you had to have a home in Santa Fe or a penchant for dream catchers and taxidermy. Fortunately, the Southwestern style has reached a moment where even the Milan and Paris runways drip with Navajo influence (see the catwalks of DSquared and Isabel Marant).
Of course not everyone can pull off fringe and fur like a runway model so introducing the more bold and geometric looks into your home may take a bit more subtlety. Think Kilim pillows, cowhide rugs, and intarsia throws. The gallery above has some great shopping options and inspiration tips for you to update your space.
1. Hand Woven - Turkish Antique Patchwork Kilim Pillow – $190
2. Hand Woven - Turkish Striped Kilim Pillow Cover – $80
3. Antique Kilim and Leather Placemats – $240
4. Pendleton Harding Blanket from Need Supply Co. – $235
5. Domonique Cowhide Rug from ABC Carpet and home – $850
6. Pendleton Saltillo Blanket (Twin, Queen, and King) – $220-$340
Images: As credited above.