This year's gift fair confirmed for me something I already suspected - the tumbling block pattern is on the rise. Chevron, move over. There's a new geometric trend in town.
I've already been a big fan of tumbling block, having once painted the pattern on my unsightly parquet floors. But more and more in my Marketplace research, I've been seeing it pop up in everything from rugs and bedding to tile patterns and even modular shelving units. I just simply can't ignore it any longer. Could this be our answer to the Chevron overload?
1. Interior by Miles Redd
2. Interior by Miles Redd
3. The Rug Company
4. Violet Pillow by Ferm Living
5. Squares Blanket by Ferm Living
6. Cubes Throw by Jonathan Adler
7. Facet Cream/Citrine Rug by Dwell Studio
8. Dwell patterns by Heath Ceramics
9. Modular Storage Unit by Imeuble
10. Painted Patterned Floor by Mat Sanders